Friday 26 April 2013

A Pleasant Morning in the sun

From here t'wharf 'n'Back.
Up and at 'em early doors. Had breakfast at the beach before kicking off at about 8.30am.  The day had dawned fine and it was shirt off time and people were already swimming and diving off the wharf. I started down the beach a little more than normal and followed the dry sand to the wharf then walked back on the wet following the tide out.  I did this circuit twice covering the couple of hundred meters in about an hour and fifteen each sweep.
First trawl.
The first walk bought in 90 cents and also my first tent peg for a while. A square plastic lined lid for a small square container and a bic lighter part wrapped the first trawl.





The second wander finds consisted of a fish hook, lot's of fugly iron bolts, nails etc, a drill ratchet and a miniature Harmonica. A few more tent pegs and $1.10 spending.

Detector Art - 'Catching Sounds'.
Second Trawl.



The miniature harmonica, after cleaning the sand out could still make a tune, so I sat busking for a while. Which was going well until the local policeman dispersed the crowd.
It was time for lunch and while munching some very over priced hot chips I let my creative side burst forth and I held a 'Detector Art' exhibition.
It didn't draw the same crowds as the busking so I shut the gallery and headed on to the only park I have not yet searched in this neck of the woods.
The Omana Reserve Park park. It is a very attractive park and one can see it is well looked after. The views from the hill it sits on are very pleasant so I sat enjoying that view while I imbibed a very over priced bottle of Rochdale cider to wash down those gold plated chips.
A Nice Colourful Park
The View  towards Waiheke Island.













Omana Park park was quite a busy park with lot's of children enjoying the facilities. I waited a while and the couple of families that were in my way sauntered off to take advantage of the public BBQ and though the park had emptied somewhat, the smell of steaks sizzling away was quite distracting. The park was not a full of treasures as I expected but a few finds surfaced in the time I was there. A knife, stainless,  a few coins, and the usual nuts, nails and staples found in parks all over the world. 
Omana Park, Park  Liftings

It was nearly 1pm and time to call it a day and get back to Nellie, my best friend, at the moment, who will be wanting to take a walk herself.
Another incredible Days Haul











The day had flown and although not that much to show off once again the mere fact of being in such a beautiful place is ample compensation.

To sum up, $3.30 spending, a harmonica, 3 x tent pegs, a fish hook, a drill ratchet and a knife all recovered in four hours. Who needs a day job?

Good fun.

See you out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment