Friday 29 March 2013

Evening Stroll

Left home a little late at about 6.30pm as I realised Darren won't be up till the morrow. Beach was calm and relatively empty and the heat of the day still hung around. I trawled up and down the beach outside the shops for the second time today. It seems it had been replenished by todays visitors. First item of interest was a cheap pendant with a pink heart in the middle of the design. Second heart of the day. Is there a hidden message there?
Then I found a succession of coins including a 2010 Australian $2 coin which is a very small coin for it's value, it's the same size as our ten cent piece. Two old decimal five cent pieces (1996 &'97) were also uncovered. The total spending at the end of the night was $3.60. This took my total of spending coins I've found this year to over $100. To be exact $103.20.
I put on the head light when the sun went down and didn't leave until after 9pm. I enjoy detecting at night. One of the last targets was a heavily encrusted necklace chain, which was very fragile and broke into several bits when I removed it from the sand. There is a big congealed lump on the chain which I hope when it is cleaned will reveal a nice pendant.
The crusted chain did not have a nice pendant.
Other items included another four tent pegs, a spoon made by Style House, a metal button, a couple of washers and that, apart from the trash, was that.
In the nearly three hours I was out I for once didn't meet anyone who wanted to have a chat, it was a lonely search. The only person I did interact with was an attractive police lady who breathalised me at a road block on the way home.
I picked up a chinese for tea and the dogs were happy to see me home.
Feel plumb tuckered, it's been a long day. No camera yet, pictures to go up as soon as I can organise it.
I hope Darren brings his camera tomorrow
See you out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment